On their since-deleted Facebook business page, I wrote my thoughts:
My wife has also written a series of Facebook posts about our problems, detailing her opinions on the matter:Completely unprofessional. Poor communications, poor scheduling, poor follow-through, incomplete work, requires nagging, ... on and on. Michael is personable, but (IMO) does not have the skills to run a business and to *follow through* on completing the home we contracted him to build.I have countless stories of failure, so I don't even know where to start. Ask a question if you're actually considering working with Redbud. I'll provide my own experience.
- A subcontractor files an affidavit for Redbud non-payment
- Photo of construction trash
- Non-working balcony fireplace
- Trying to shift job management to us, after a bit of social media shaming
- Fed up: filed BBB and Texas Attorney General complaints
- Another planting season missed, and no fireplaces
- Eyesore of an unfinished yard
- How hard are cabinet handles?
- Over two years ... still unfinished
The anger and frustration that we feel is only partly described by the above posts.
If you are thinking about contracting with Redbud Custom Homes, then please read our thoughts to help form your own opinion.
I hope this PSA saves somebody from similar pain in the future. Good luck.